How to differentiate PCB PCM BMS
Some buyer is not clear about PCB BMS PCM , just explain as below
PCB.- Battery protection board
it is base board without any electron component
PCM.- Protection Circuit Module
The borad with electron component and function including of over charge protection over discharge protection over current protection short circle protection etc .
BMS.- Battery Management System
Functions of BMS battery management system
(1) Measurement of battery terminal voltage
(2) Energy balance between single cells
(3) Total battery voltage measurement
(4) Total battery current measurement
(5) SOC calculation: estimate the remaining power of the power battery
(6) Dynamically monitor the working state of the power battery pack: prevent the battery from overcharging or overdischarging
(7) Real-time data display
(8) Data recording and analysis: maintain the reliability and efficiency of the entire battery operation
(9) Communication networking function
The difference between BMS battery management system and iron lithium battery protection board
Both the BMS battery management system and the iron-lithium battery protection board are protective umbrellas for lithium batteries, but the BMS management system is equivalent to the brain of a lithium battery, which is more intelligent and can be edited with configuration battery management software. The protection board is an IC+MOS plus some resistance, capacitance and other originals, which belongs to hardware protection. Compared with the protection board, the BMS battery management system is easier to operate and more convenient. However, whether it can be used normally in low temperature extreme environments has yet to be verified.
The BMS battery management system is of great significance for protecting the safety of electric vehicles, charging station equipment and personnel.